Use & Occupancy Inspections

Things Realtors®, Home Owners, and Landlords need to know about Use & Occupancy Certificate Requirements in Bucks and Montgomery counties.

The U & O Certificate

When selling a house, the homeowner and Realtor® need to be aware some municipalities in Bucks and Montgomery counties may require that a Use & Occupancy Certificate be obtained before the settlement can be completed.

Who do I call to find out if the U & O is needed?

Call your township or borough Licenses and Inspections department. They can provide the application, fees, and the inspections you will need. Also check the municipal website for additional contact information.

Some of the common items thare are checked during the electrical inspection include:
  1. The Service entry cable and meter socket is firmly attached to the building and in good condition with no cracked or worn covering.
  2. The Distribution Breaker Panel has no unused openings, incorrect wiring or breaker sizes, and no double taps on breakers, unless permitted by the manufacturer.
  3. The Distribution Breaker Panel is connected to an 8’ ground rod at the panel ground point.
  4. The Distribution Breaker Panel is also grounded to the cold water pipe, and a bonding jumper across the water meter, if applicable.

If you have any questions feel free to contact us or or give us a call at (215) 674-2355 and a certified Electrical inspector will be available to answer your questions at no cost or obligation.